Tour Highlights and Features
MV “Prestige II” (7n/8d)
- 7 nights/8 days in the river-view cabin category of your choice
- 21 Meals (7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners)
- Complimentary local beer, sodas, coffee, tea, water daily, wine with dinner
- All sightseeing tours and excursions as outlined
- Special highlights: Apsara Folk performance on board
- On board talks and lectures, movies, and entertainment
- English-speaking Cruise Guides and Cruise Manager throughout
SAIGON (2n/3d), VIETNAM
- Arrival transfer (groups flying on same aircraft): Airport to hotel
- 2 night superior, centrally located first class hotel*
- *Park Royal or similar
- 4 meals (2 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 1 dinner at a local restaurant)
- 2 sightseeing tours: city tour and excursion to the Cu Chi Tunnels
- Traditional Water Puppet performance
- English-speaking local guide throughout
SIEM REAP (3n/4d), CAMBODIA
- All long distance and local arrival and departure transfers
- 3 nights* at superior centrally located first class hotels*
- *(Prince D’ Angkor or similar)
- 6 meals (3 breakfasts, 1 lunch, 2 dinners at local restaurants)
- Half day city tour, including the Artists D’ Ankgor handicraft museum
- Full day tour of the Angkor Wat Temples with all entrance fees
- Farewell Apsara dance show
- English-speaking local guides throughout
- International airfare
- Visa fees (Vietnam): $95 to $145 depending on outside visa fee processors
- Visa fees (Cambodia): $35 USD cash paid upon entry + 1 passport photo
- Personal expenses, activities, meals other than those outlined in itinerary
- TIPS to hotel staff, porters, local guides and drivers, ship crew and similar*
- *Suggested amounts will be sent with your initial and final documents
DAY 0: OVERNIGHT FLIGHTS TO VIETNAM
Services per airline policies.
DAY 1: HO CHI MINH CITY (Saigon) – VIETNAM (O)
Upon arrival transfer to your hotel. Due to various arrival times, no activities or meals planned.
DAY 2: HO CHI MINH CITY (Saigon) – VIETNAM (B, L, D)
After breakfast depart on a full day of sightseeing starting with an excursion to the fascinating
Cu Chi Tunnels. Built during the Vietnam War to protect from bombing raids, the tunnels
extend underground for over 212 km and range in depth from 3 to 12 meters! They feature
remnants of a living city; schools, community kitchens, sleeping quarters, hospitals as well as
military production facilities. Return to the city and enjoy a Vietnamese style lunch at a local
restaurant. Then continue with a city sightseeing tour that will include the Post Office, built by
Gustav Eiffel, the Notre Dame Cathedral and the Presidential Palace. End the tour with a
unique performance of the Water Puppet show where puppet masters are submerged under
water while their puppets entertain above! Dinner at a local restaurant and overnight.
DAY 3: HO CHI MINH CITY – MY THO – EMBARKATION – SET SAIL (B, L, D )
Meet at the Sofitel Plaza hotel in Saigon at 9 am for the 2 hour transfer to My Tho, located 70
kilometers away. The transfer includes a stop at the Cholon Market and visit to a lacquer
factory. On arrival board the RV MEKONG ADVENTURER. Lunch on board. Set sail in the
afternoon. An info meeting will precede a welcome Dinner followed by a Music Show!
DAY 4: CRUISE CAI BE – SA DEC (B, L, D)
Arrival at Cai Be in the morning. After breakfast we take a morning “junk” trip around Cai Be to
visit a floating market and go ashore to see the French Gothic Cathedral. Then, take a stroll
along the river bank and visit a local manufacturer producing rice paper and coconut sweets.
Return to the ship for lunch. Cruise past Vinh Long to arrive at Sa Dec for an afternoon walk.
The Famous French writer Marguerite Duras spent part of her childhood here, a sprawling
busy town on the Mekong Delta. Both the school where Duras’ mother taught, the small house
behind it where the family lived and the “Chinaman’s House” featured in her famous novel “The
Lover”, also made into a movie, still stand. Night navigation through the Delta.
DAY 5: CRUISE TAN CHAU- BORDER CROSSING (B, L, D)
Arrival in the early morning at Tan Chau, a remote town on the main Mekong River. After
breakfast, transfer to small boats to visit a local fishing farm. We also go ashore to visit a local
workshop producing woven mats, and take a short walk in the village to visit a silk weaving
workshop. A rickshaw ride around this fascinating town will take you back to the ship for lunch.
Depart for the Cambodian border. This evening cruise along the broad Mekong River to Phnom
DAY 6: CRUISE PHNOM PENH (B, L, D)
Full day of sightseeing in Phnom Penh. The capital city of Cambodia still retains its old French
colonial architecture along the riverside streets. Visit the Royal Palace and the Silver
Pagoda. The National Museum is another highlight, with outstanding displays of Khmer
crafts. Lunch on board. Afternoon excursion to the former High School « S21 », converted to
a detention center under the Red Khmer’s rule between 1975 and 1979, is followed by a visit
to Wat Phnom after which the city was named. Dinner on board will be followed by a
traditional Khmer Apsara Dancing Show!
DAY 7: CRUISE CHONG KOH- PHNOM PENH (B, L, D)
Early morning sailing from Phnom Penh to Chong Koh or Oknathey (both located on Silk
Island). Visit this silk weaving village on a morning walk. This excursion includes a visit to a
pagoda and a visit to a primary school (when in session). Then we cruise past the Mekong’s
timeless villages and river life all centered around the river. Return to Phnom Penh in the
afternoon. Balance of the day is at leisure to explore Phnom Penh’s vibrant nightlife.
DAY 8: CRUISE OUDONG – KAMPONG TRALACH (B, L, D)
In the morning, sail upriver heading towards Oudong. Lunch on board. Arrival at Prek Dam in
the early afternoon. Excursion by coach to reach Oudong. Between 1618 and 1866, Oudong
was the capital city of Cambodia. Erected on a hilltop, it is the home to numerous Stupas
dating from the last Khmer Kings including the Vipassana Dhura Pagoda, a place of meditation
for Buddhist Monks. Then, continue by bus to Kampong Tralach to visit the charming Vihara
of the Wat Kampong Leu Pagoda dating back to the last century. Return to the ship by popular
“local taxi” – ox-drawn carriages! Dinner back on board.
DAY 9: CRUISE KAMPONG CHHNANG – FLOATING VILLAGE (B, L, D)
Kampong Chhnang is one of Cambodia’s largest fishing ports and the center of fish farming. It
is also famous for its archaic pottery making which supplies the whole country. After the tour
of this bustling town, board local boats and sail through the “Floating Village” of Chnok Tru, a
unique town completely set on water! See the people living on boats, including a local “floating”
school and church! The smiles of the local children are priceless! Captain’s Farewell dinner!
DAY 10: END CRUISE – DISEMBARKATION – SIEM REAP (B, L, D)
High water: Early this morning, set sail and observe the local farmers, water buffalo and other
unspoiled views as you cross the vast 150 km in length Tonle Sap Lake (approximate sailing
time is 4 to 5 hrs). On arrival to the port (located 45 min. from the town) bid your wonderful
crew and ship goodbye as you disembark and transfer to the city for the next part of your
adventure (arrival around 13:00)! Check-in to your hotel and enjoy a light lunch.
Low water: After breakfast, you will transfer to Siem Reap via speed boat, hydrofoil or air
conditioned motor coach bus (approximately 6 hrs) arriving at around 13:30. Check-in.
PM: In the early evening, depart for the city center for a walking tour through the vibrant Pub
Street and Night Market prior to enjoying dinner at the popular (and air conditioned) Champay
restaurant! After dinner you may want to explore further on your own or return to your hotel,
which is only a 5 minutes tuk-tuk ride away!
DAY 11: SIEM REAP – ANGKOR TEMPLES (B, L, D)
The day is devoted to an in-depth exploration of the fascinating “Lost City of Angkor”. Once,
the capital of the ancient Khmer empire, which ruled the area from the 9th to the 13th century,
the city and its fascinating temples were slowly covered by jungle until the city was lost to
civilization. The temples were rediscovered at the end of the 19th century, the jungle was
cleared over the next 70 years to reveal the “8th Wonder of the World” – the ancient
Temples of Angkor Wat – today a UNESCO Heritage sight. After a buffet breakfast at your
hotel, your morning tour will take you to explore the south gates of Angkor Thom, Bayan
Temple, Elephant Terrace, the Royal enclosure and the Terrace of the Leper King. A break for
lunch will be held al fresco at a local restaurant nearby. The afternoon is reserved for a visit to
Ta Phrom (Jungle Temple) and the magnificent main Temples of Angkor Wat!
End the day with dinner and farewell folk show at a popular local restaurant.
DAY 12: SIEM REAP – Overnight (OR late night flights out) (B)
Enjoy breakfast prior to departing on a half day city tour which will include a stop at the famous
Artists D’ Angkor where you will see local artists at work. A great place to purchase those last
minute souvenirs! The balance of the day is free to enjoy a final stroll through Pub Street OR to
transfer to the airport for your late night flights out. (LAND SERVICES END with transfer or
final overnight- rooms are retained until departure.)
DAY 13: ARRIVE USA (B)
Depending on your flight arrangements, fly out of Siem Reap or your Asian Gateway and
arrive to the USA today.
DAY 1 HANOI – ARRIVAL
Pick up at airport and transfer to your hotel for check-in. Due to various arrival times, the day is at leisure and meals are on your own. Accommodation at hotel in Hanoi.
DAY 2 HANOI (B, L, D)
Breakfast at Hotel. Begin your full day sightseeing with a visit to the Mausoleum of Ho Chi Minh, his former residence. Continue to the One Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literature, the History Museum, and the Fine Arts Museum. Enjoy some free time to walk around the colorful streets of the Old quarter followed by lunch at a local restaurant. In the afternoon continue your sightseeing tour which will include a 1 hour cyclo tour and stops at the romantic Hoan Kiem Lake and the Ngoc Son Temple, followed by a performance of the unique Water Puppet Show. Transfer to a local restaurant for dinner. Overnight at your hotel.
DAY 3 HANOI – HALONG BAY (B, L, D)
After breakfast at your Hotel Drive to Halong City (180km – 4h), where upon arrival you will board the junk “Indochina Sails”. Upon check-in, join your fellow passengers for a delightful sea food lunch as you start sailing. Discover Halong Bay, listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Site of outstanding natural beauty. “Dragon descending to the sea“ as it is known in Vietnamese, picturesque Halong Bay has more than 3,000 limestone islets rising from the clear emerald water, many of them containing beautiful grottoes. Marvel at the setting sun over dinner. Overnight on board.
DAY 4 HALONG BAY – HANOI – DEPARTURE (Brunch)
In the morning enjoy a late brunch as you sail back to the dock where you will disembark and drive back to Hanoi in time to catch your outbound flights to Saigon for the start of your Mekong Cruise adventure!
All dates except Chinese New Year*
One way economy air Hanoi-Saigon**
- Arrival/departure transfers Hanoi Airport/Hotel/Airport
- 2 nights hotel accommodations in centrally located First Class hotels (The Ann, Nikko or similar)
- 1 night aboard the first class “junk” (boat) “Indochine Sails” or similar, cruising Halong Bay
- Total of 7 meals(2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners and 1 brunch)
- English speaking local guides throughout
MV Mekong Adventurer
Built in 2014 the Mekong Adventurer is the newest addition to the Mekong fleet! Featuring only 2 decks with balcony cabins throughout, the Adventurer is the epitome of class and luxury! With a crew of 30 servicing a maximum passenger capacity of 60, free beer/wine/soft drinks for lunch and dinner, on board lectures, folk dances, cooking lessons and all shore excursions included – the Mekong Adventurer will fulfill your every expectation!
- 12 x Main Deck Cabins 20 m²- Located on the Main Deck. Cabins provide guests with 215 square feet of living space with both a French and private balcony offering floor to ceiling views. Main Deck cabins are outfitted with two twin beds or one queen bed as requested.
- 14 x Upper Deck Cabins 20 m²- Located on the Upper Deck. Cabins provide guests with 215 square feet of living space with both a French and private balcony offering floor to ceiling views. Upper Deck cabins are outfitted with two twin beds or one queen bed as requested.
- 2 x Junior Suites 27 m²- Located forward on the Upper Deck. Suites provide guests with 290 sq ft of living space with a large French balcony and separate private balcony. Bathrooms are complete with separate bath tub and shower. Junior Suites are outfitted with two twin beds or one queen bed as requested.
- 2 x Deluxe Suites 47 m²-Located forward on the Main Deck. Suites provide 506 sq ft of living space. A large French balcony in the main bedroom and a private balcony in a separate living area provide plenty of space to relax. There is an en-suite bathroom off the main bedroom and separate bathroom off the living area. Deluxe Suites are outfitted with two twin beds or one queen bed as requested. There is also an option for a third person with a sofa bed in the living area.
- Elegant 1 seat restaurant, serving sumptuous buffet breakfasts, lunch and sit down dinners with local wine/beer/soft drinks/water/coffee/tea included for lunch and dinner!
- Large covered Sun Deck offering superb views of the passing countryside!
See all of our ship videos on Youtube.
Download the detailed list of Travel Tips For to Vietnam/Cambodia.
Please contact us at 800-795-1633 to inquire about our river cruises.
Read full article Know Before You Go – River & Small Ship Cruising to learn more.