See the dramatic changes in landscape, right from the little palm-covered Mamanucas, to the rugged, majestic southern Yasawa Islands to the vivid Blue Lagoon, framed by picture-perfect beaches. Visit a remote Yasawa Island village and be part of a traditional kava ceremony, enjoy a “meke” performance and browse the village market.
- Socialize with Yasawan locals over a traditional feast cooked and enjoyed in their village
- Be carried away to paradise with a full day relaxing at our private beach on Nanuya Lailai Island
- Take a guided walk across an island to one of the South Pacific’s most remote cafes, ‘Lo’s Tea Shop’
- Learn the Fijian arts of basket weaving, wood carving and learn to cook traditional dishes
- Get to know the ‘reef locals’ with the fascinating activity of fish feeding
- Or really get to know the ‘reef locals’ and swim with sharks or manta rays (seasonal)
- Dive at some of Fiji’s most colorful reefs
- See the coral reef without getting wet from our glass bottom boat
- Snorkel to your heart’s content (we offer several snorkeling trips per day)
- Sit down to a dinner you’ll never forget; dine on a delicious Fijian ‘lovo’ feast on our private beach under the stars
- Step ashore at famous little Modriki Island site of the movie “Castaway”
- *Catch the big ones on a sport fishing trip
- Attend an island village church service
- Soak up the scenery of the strikingly beautiful Sacred Islands
- Swim in the caverns of the famous and sacred Sawa-I-Lau Caves
- Visit a Yasawa Island village school and meet the children (when in session)
- Cool off in calm, crystal clear lagoons, time and time again
- Laze on the most beautiful beaches and get into the full swing of ‘Fiji Time’
Land Portion Features
- 2 night accommodations at any of the 5* beachfront hotels: Sheraton/Westin/Hilton/Sofitel or similar (Rooms are assigned on a “Run of House” basis. Room upgrades may be purchased directly from the hotels at check-in, subject to availability)
- Round trip transfers airport-hotel-airport included if air purchased through us
- 2 full Buffet breakfasts included along with special discounts for meals taken at resort venues
- Free use of resort facilities and activities (excludes massage & spa)
- Late check out on day of departure available for a fee, subject to availability. See price chart
Cruise Portion Features
- Round trip arrival and departure transfers hotel-pier-hotel on day of embarkation/disembarkation
- Accommodation for 7 nights in all outside facing cabins in choice of 2 categories
- A total of 21 meals while on board (7 buffet breakfasts, 7 buffet lunches, 7 sit down dinners)
- Daily mid-day and afternoon refreshments (tea/lemonade/snacks/cakes) while at sail
- All on board and off shore activities including snorkeling, hiking, kayaking and finger fishing* with snorkels, kayaks and towels provided free of charge
(*Excludes deep sea diving, abseiling, spa and massage services).
- International airfare – can be provided on request
- Arrival & departure transfers airport-hotel. One way cost per private car service: $75.
- Meals and services other than those specified
- Costs of a personal nature including; liquor, laundry, telephone, souvenirs etc.
- Tips to ground personnel and ship crew. Suggested amounts will be advised.
- Travel Insurance – recommended
Day 0: Tuesday (0)
Board your comfortable overnight flights from the US to paradise! On board services as per airline policy.
Day 1: Wednesday (0)
Cross the International Dateline.
Day 2: Thursday – arrive Nadi, FIJI (0)
Upon your early morning arrival, pass through customs and transfer to your beachfront hotel located on the wonderful Denarau peninsula. Once settled into your rooms explore the hotel’s many amenities or simply lay back and unwind as you begin your Fiji adventure.
Day 3: Friday: Blue Lagoon Cruise – MODRIKI ISLAND Set Sail: 3 pm (B, L, D)
After a morning at leisure, you will be picked up at your hotel and transferred to Denarau Marina to board your floating hotel for the next 7 nights, the Fiji Princess! Set sail for the outer Mamanucas. Your first destination will be the gorgeous, secluded Modriki Island the location of Tom Hanks’ movie “Cast Away”. En- route to the famous little island, settle into your cabin, enjoy a welcome cruise briefing along with English tea and snacks, meet fellow guests and admire the scenery that slides by as we cruise. On arrival you will have time to explore this little island and take your first dip in the warm waters. Back on board, cocktails are served with canapés on the sun deck. Mingle with your fellow passengers and look out over the tranquil waters as the sun sets. Tonight is the Captain’s Welcome Dinner, with entertainment provided by our talented singing, dancing and guitar playing crew! Don’t forget to wander to the upper deck to see the magnificent array of stars in the night sky.
Day 4: Saturday: Blue Lagoon Cruise – SOSO BAY, NAVITI ISLAND (B, L, D)
Awake to the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and breakfast underway as we set sail for the southern Yasawa Islands. Late morning, we take you on a bit of an adventure… we have a very special location where the brave will get to swim with reef sharks! Of course they are only gentle reef sharks but they still make for a great snorkel experience! Back on-board we cruise into the waters around Naviti and Soso Bay. A tasty buffet lunch is served on-board before heading ashore for a visit to the chiefly village of Soso. You’ll be welcomed in traditional fashion with a kava ceremony, before being shown through the village. Late afternoon there will be a presentation on the local history and legends, giving an insight into early Yasawan life. Back on the Fiji Princess, ease into the evening with cocktails served at the sun deck, followed by a ‘Thali’ buffet dinner featuring exquisite Indian dishes. After dinner, help yourself to our fancy dress box and put on your boogie shoes for some ‘Bollywood Dancing’ on the sun deck!
Day 5: Sunday: Blue Lagoon Cruise – Soso Bay – Naukacuva and Narara Islands (B, L, D)
This morning there is a special opportunity to attend a village church service, which you’ll find to be a very moving experience. The atmosphere, singing and uniqueness of where you are will provide a great memory to remind you of the wonderful people of Fiji. Lunch is served on board as we cruise to our next slice of paradise, not far away. You can partake in a Fijian cooking lesson and help prepare a tasty Fijian fish-dish, “Kokoda”.
In the afternoon anchor in the sheltered waters of Naukacuva and Narara Islands, picture-perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon. Sunbathe on the Fiji Princess or dive into the waters and discover the amazing colorful underwater world below. Tonight’s buffet dinner has a range of dishes from Fiji along with a choice of European favorites. Bingo will be held in the dining room with lots of laughs and some good prizes!
Day 6: Monday: Blue Lagoon Cruise – Sacred Islands – Yalobi Bay (B, L, D)
In the morning join the crew for a finger fishing trip or snorkel, swim or kayak before departing to one of the most beautiful and remote island groups the Sacred Islands*. The location for the filming of the popular “Survivor” series, the Sacred Islands provide a breathtaking backdrop for swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking, especially since you will be the only ones there! A picnic lunch will be provided by your crew beachside along with afternoon scones and tea – so no need to get up from your beach lounger! Back on board it’s happy hour at the bar followed by another festive Captain’s dinner! (* Depending on seasonal weather conditions, an alternate stop may replace the Sacred Islands)
Day 7: Tuesday: Blue Lagoon Cruise – NANUYA LAILAI, (THE BLUE LAGOON) (B, L, D)
Laze on the sun deck as we sail on to the famed Blue Lagoon. This superb stretch of water is circled by islands, creating a lagoon that is filled with fascinating coral reefs easily seen from the surface of the crystal clear waters. One of those islands, Nanuya Lailai, is home to Blue Lagoon Cruises very own private beach. Watch as the crew position the vessel right up to the beach and tie her off to a coconut tree! Lunch is served on-board, whilst on shore our private ‘Fiji style beach club’ awaits, along with sun loungers, onshore massage, a bar and beach volleyball. You’ll have plenty of time for swimming, snorkeling, fish feeding, viewing coral from the glass bottom boat or just wandering along to a secluded stretch of beach to top up your tan. Our crew will teach you basket weaving and give you a coconut demonstration – how to climb the palm tree, get the coconuts and husk them, then enjoy fresh coconut milk straight from the coconut for afternoon tea!
Diving for both novices and experienced divers can be pre-booked for this location or you can join our crew for a guided ‘reef safari’ snorkeling tour! Happy hour is served on shore from our beach bar along with canapes followed by the unveiling of a traditional Lovo meal where the food is cooked underground in a specially prepared pit. The dining room tonight is on the beach under the coconut palms and the stars. This magical day will end on a high note with a fantastic “Meke” show, featuring singing, dancing and story-telling performed by a group of local villagers, who will come to share their company with our Blue Lagoon guests. Fabulous!
Day 8: Wednesday: Blue Lagoon Cruise – TAMUSUA BAY, YASAWA ISLAND (B, L, D)
The morning is at leisure at our private beach. Dive, snorkel and swim, or join our Cruise Manager for a leisurely hike along the beach and up over the hill to the other side of the island where you will marvel at views across the Blue Lagoon before arriving to the ‘very local’ Lo’s Tea Shop on the beach! Enjoy Lo’s famous cakes and browse the shell market prior to returning to the ship via our water taxis! During lunch, sail on to our next destination, the mystical island of Sawa-I-Lau, where you will follow the footsteps of Brooke Shields leading you to the subterranean pools of the Sawa-I-Lau Caverns. You can view the majestic caverns from the stairs or take to the water like she did in the movie the “Blue Lagoon”. A short swim through an underwater passage will take you into the second of these stunning limestone caves for an experience not to be missed! This evening, cross the bay for a special visit to the village of Tamusua. A “yaqona” (kava) ceremony, a guided walk around the village and an authentic Fijian village style ‘feast’ prepared and cooked by the locals awaits. Served outside, you will be Fijian for the evening, sitting on mats, eating Fijian village food and sharing stories with the villagers about their culture and their home.
Day 9: Thursday: Blue Lagoon Cruise – DRAWAQA ISLAND (B, L, D)
Fiji Princess heads on out of the bay bound for Drawaqa Island. On arrival, our Marine Biologist will tell you all about the local fish, marine life and the conservation work of the Vinaka Fiji Volunteers. If your visit falls during the months of May through October, an introduction to the magnificent manta rays, whose feeding ground is just nearby, will be included. Conditions permitting, you will have the opportunity to snorkel with these wonderful creatures in small escorted groups. From October to April a guided ‘Reef Safari’ snorkeling tour is conducted to see the prolific corals, clams and marine life in this area. If getting wet is not your thing enjoy a visit to a local village school (when in session) or, for a truly exhilarating experience have a go at abseiling! Your final farewell dinner this evening is a barbecue served on the upper deck dining under the stars! A special feast and party night is the perfect way to celebrate your time in the Yasawas. The bar is open and our resident DJ ‘Fiji Afro Jack’ spins the tunes on the upper deck. If you haven’t already learnt the “Bula Bula” dance you soon will!
Day 10: Friday Disembark: 10:00 am (B)
Enjoy your final breakfast on-board as the Fiji Princess cruises back toward her home port. All guests will be fare-welled with the traditional Isa Lei song from the crew, as your exploration of the beautiful islands of Fiji comes to an end. “Vinaka vakalevu” (Thank you very much) and we hope to see you again! “Moce” (Goodbye!).
But your Fiji fun is not over yet! On arrival to Denarau Marina transfer to your hotel where you will have time to spend another day and a half enjoying the resort amenities of all the hotels, poolside drinks, activities and a final romantic night in paradise!
Day 11: Saturday: Nadi, FIJI – HOME (B)
A final morning to take a dip in the pool, hunt for those last minute souvenirs and absorb the ambiance, prior to checking out and transferring to the airport for your flights home! *For passengers with late night flights extended check out times will be available for a supplement. See price chart.
*Please note that all stops and activities are subject to weather conditions and may be changed or adjusted.
Special activities such as deep sea diving, abseiling (rappelling) are optional offered at an extra cost.
Launched in 1997 and renovated in 2014 the Fiji Princess is ideal for cruising the magnificent Mamanucas and Yasawa Islands. Featuring 4 decks, she holds a maximum of only 66 passengers serviced by a warm and hospitable Fijian crew of 28. All cabins are outward facing with 2 twin or queen sized beds, small yacht style bathroom with separate shower, hair dryer, mini-safe, flat screen TV for in-house movies and closet space. Hibiscus cabins on the Main deck are approximately 11 sqm (120 sq ft) while the Orchid cabins located on the Middle and Upper Decks average 14sqm (150sq ft) and feature additional highlights such as private Espresso making coffee machines and mini-refrigerators that are replenished daily with half bottles of white and red wine, local beer, soft drink, juices and water – well worth the upgrade fee. The public areas are open air reflecting the tropical ambiance with a one seat restaurant on the Main deck, a tropical themed bar on the Middle deck and a second bar on the partially covered Sun deck. Plenty of lounge chairs complement the small dipping pool. The on board atmosphere is casual and informal. Non-smoking except in designated outside areas. On board currency is the Fiji Dollar. Most major credit cards accepted.
See all of our ship videos on Youtube.
You’re on your way to a holiday in paradise! A Blue Lagoon Cruise is a carefree and delightful way to experience Fiji, and below are a few tips to make your experience even more relaxed:
Greetings. Our crew are all Fijian, and although they all speak fantastic English, it’ll make their day if you know a few Fijian words to surprise them:
- ‘Bula’ is Fijian for ‘Hello’ (accompanied by an ear-to-ear Fiji grin)
- ‘Moce’ pronounced ‘mothy’ is Fijian for ‘Goodbye’
- ‘Yadra’ pronounced ‘yandra’ is Fijian for ‘Good morning’
- ‘Vinaka’ is Fijian for ‘Thank you’
- And most importantly ‘Seqa na leqa’ pronounced ‘senga na lenga’ is Fijian for ‘No worries’
- Dress is light, casual and informal, with emphasis on casual resort wear
- Light, loose clothing to cover up during the evenings
- Include a light jacket/sweater for cooler evenings
- Pack your swimwear, sun hat, sunglasses, sunblock and a t-shirt for snorkeling
- No need to bring beach towels as these are provided and changed each day
- Bed linen, towels and toiletries are all provided as is snorkeling gear
- Pack plenty of sunscreen and insect repellent containing DEET or similar
- You are welcome to bring books, school stationary or gifts for the village school children
- There is a boutique on board for essential purchases and a library on board should you wish to exchange a book.
- Your camera and a sense of fun!
- You may wish to bring or exchange some local currency cash with you in case you wish to purchase some souvenirs during the village visits. At the time of printing $1.00 USD was worth approximately $2.00 Fiji dollars.
- There are no banks or ATM machines in the Yasawa Islands. Cash machines are in Nadi and there is also one at Denarau Marina.
- All purchases on board are charged to your account for settlement at the end of the cruise. The ship accepts all major credit cards.
- A ‘donation’ is added to the bill which goes to the Vinaka Fiji trust. This can be reduced or removed at the discretion of the passenger.
- TIPS: While not obligatory will sincerely be appreciated by your hard working crew. The suggested amount is $10 USD per person/per day.
It is essential that all Blue Lagoon Cruises passengers have valid travel insurance.
- All cabins are equipped with air conditioning.
- The power outlets are 240-volt. This is provided in your cabin with a limited number of 110-volt converters available if required.
- On board is satellite phone and radio. Internet connections are available in some areas of the Yasawas, and WIFI is complimentary but is subject to signal strength and availability.
- Valuables can be given to the Captain and logged for security purposes.
- Self-service washing and drying facilities are available on board. Laundry powder can be purchased at the on board boutique.
- A first aid kit is kept on board, if you have a pre-existing medical condition; we request that you inform us before joining your cruise. In case of medical emergencies, evacuation from the ship is possible by seaplane, helicopter or fast speedboat. Make sure you have travel insurance as this can be expensive.
- All meals including; daily cooked to order breakfast (7), buffet lunch (6) and sit down dinners (7) plus morning and afternoon English style tea and snacks/cookies are included.
- If you have any special dietary requirements, every effort will be made to meet your request. Please do let us know of any such requests prior to your departure.
- The water on board is safe to drink, but if you prefer bottled water, it is available for purchase from the on board boutique. For those who have booked an Orchid deck cabin, complimentary bottled water is provided in the cabins and replaced daily.
- We regret that passengers are not allowed to bring their own alcohol on board Fiji Princess. Receipted storage facilities are available.
- Smoking is only permitted in certain designated areas of the ship.
- Check in location: Blue Lagoon Cruises desk, Denarau Marina
- Check in time: 1-2 pm.
- Coach transfers to/from Denarau Marina: private transfers are available upon request from your Nadi/Denarau hotels and can also be arranged to/from Nadi Airport.
Read full article Know Before You Go – River & Small Ship Cruising to learn more.